Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Base Located?
- There is no separate facility, a majority of the programs will occur in National and State Parks. Crews will start their trek at their either Camp Phillips or Camp Tesomas and will be transported to the beginning of their trek and meet up with the rest of their crew.
Can a Scout participant even if no one else from his unit does?
- The Northwoods High Adventure program allows for individual signup. Each councils serves a rural population with a portion of troops ranging from 10 -15 boys. Individual registration allows for the one to three older boys in those Troops to participate in local High Adventure opportunities, without the size of their troop holding them back.
How do I register?
- Registration can be found here for each program.
With some many program options, which one should I do first?
- The Northwoods High Adventure base recommends that you start your High Adventure programming with the Northwoods Experience. This program is designed as an introductory experience to High Adventure, Scouts who complete this trek will have the confidence and self-reliance required to be a valuable member of their High Adventure Crew. It is recommended for boys ages 14-15.
What is the Fee Structre?
Below are the per person costs for 2015 by program. All fees include special equipment, staff support, transportation from Tesomas Scout Camp or Phillips Scout Reservation, and food.
- Apostle Islands Sea Kayaking: $480
- Isle Royale Backpacking: $675
- Porcupine Mountains Backpacking: $450
- Crystal Lake Scuba: $480
- Boundary Waters Canoeing: $675
- Northwoods Experience: $375
What is the payment schedule?
- Reservation Deposit (due at signup, nonrefundable): 10% of trip cost
- Payment 1 due January 15: 40% of trip cost
- Final Payment due June 1: 50% of trip cost
Is their special Assistance (Camperships) to the Northwoods High Adventure Base?