Be ready for the challenge of a five day hiking trek through the Porcupine Mountains or Isle Royale National Park. Everyday your packs will get lighter and the trail will get more exciting. Your trek leaders will help you learn important outdoor skills so you can become your own guide in the outdoors. Participants spend 5 days backpacking and taking in the beauty.
- A youth must be 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade by date of participation.
- Participation in this trek is limited to 8 participants.
- Cost for Isle Royale in 2015 is $675 per person. This includes all equipment, staff support, transportation from Tesomas Scout Camp or Phillips Scout Reservation, and food.
- Cost for Porcupine Mountains in 2015 is $450 per person. This includes all equipment, staff support, transportation from Tesomas Scout Camp or Phillips Scout Reservation, and food. Register Online
- Backpacking is physically, mentally and emotionally demanding. Each person will carry a 35 to 50 lb. pack while hiking 5 to 12 miles per day in an isolated mountain wilderness.
- Participants are encouraged to do several practice hikes before attending. You are expected to arrive in good physical condition and be ready for five strenuous and fun filled days of hiking.
- In case of an emergency, the off-site staff is equipped with a cellular phone.
- A comprehensive medical examination is required for all participants because of the higher level of activities. This involves a physician’s visit within one year.
Registration is open to entire troops, crews or individuals. Adults are welcome to participate as well.
To signup for any of our programs for 2015 feel free to contact Scott Domino (715-490-2241) or Luke McNeese (715-513-9877).