Apostle Islands Sea Kayaking
This program will find you paddling among the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore in Lake Superior! Participants spend 5 days on the water and 4 nights on islands. Your trek will begin with an orientation to kayaking skills and include tours of the spectacular sea caves.
- A youth must be 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade by date of participation.
- Participation in this trek is limited to 12 participants.
- Cost for 2017 is $495 per person. This includes all equipment, staff support, transportation from Tesomas Scout Camp or Phillips Scout Reservation, and food. A late fee of $25 will be added for any registrations after March 15.
- Register Online
- You must be a strong swimmer, and some kayaking experience is required as you may have to paddle up to 10 miles per day. Participants must pass the BSA swimmers test prior to arrival at camp.
- Participants will have the opportunity to earn the Kayaking BSA activity patch.
- A comprehensive medical examination is required for all participants because of the higher level of activities. This involves a physician’s visit within one year.
- Participants should purchase a set of wetshoes/booties to protect their feet and ankles.
- Participants should be able to fit all of their gear in a five gallon bucket. Dry bags are provided.
- Remember, it can be colder on the water and conditions can change quickly so it is important that you bring everything on the list. Cotton clothing is highly discouraged. Wool or synthetic fabrics will keep you warmer, dryer and more comfortable.