Crystal Lake Scuba Adventure
Scuba Trek is a PADI Open Water Diver course where participants experience the excitement and adventure of our underwater world. This adventure begins with classroom Scuba instruction and continues with several dives in Crystal Lake at Tesomas Scout Camp in Rhinelander.
- A youth must be 14 years of age OR 13 years of age and completed the 8th grade by date of participation.
- Participation in this trek is limited to 12 participants. Contact Scott Domino at 715-490-2241 for availability.
- Cost for 2017 is $495 per person. This includes all equipment, staff support, and food.
- Anyone who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification. At some point in the course, your Instructor will ask you to demonstrate the ability to swim 200 meters without swim aids.
- Participants must pass the BSA swimmers test on Sunday to participate.
- Prior to camp, participants will be sent a study packet which they must review to prepare.
- A comprehensive medical examination and diver authorization is required for all participants because of the higher level of activities. This involves a physician’s visit within one year.
- 7:00 am - Breakfast in the Dining Hall Group A
- 7:50 am - Camp Flag Raising Ceremony
- 8:00 am - Breakfast in the Dining Hall Group B
- 9:00 am - Scuba classroom instruction
- 12:00 pm - Lunch in the Dining Hall
- 1:30 pm - Dives in Crystal Lake
- 4:30 pm - Open Area Time
- 5:30 pm - Dinner in the Dining Hall Group A
- 6:20 pm - Camp Flag Retreat Ceremony
- 6:30 pm - Dinner in the Dining Hall Group B
- 7:45 pm - Evening programs at Camp Tesomas
- Mask, snorkel and fins
- Wetsuit, Regulators, BCD
- Tanks & Dive Computer/Gauges